Our wines are simple and natural, and we would like you to know that:
- vineyards are cultivated without the use of any chemicals or pesticides (unless it’s strictly necessary) or any other substance that might interfere with the cycle of the vine or of the grapes growing.
- We only use copper and copper sulphate, and we fertilize with organic cow manure.
- During the alcoholic fermentation we don’t inoculate with yeast, we only use our indigenous yeasts, to this follows a natural malolactic fermentation.
- We don’t filter or clarify the wine.
- We don’t use any substance that could modify the colour or the structure of the wine.
- The sulphur level is far lower than what the Italian government would allow us to use.
We don’t apply biodynamic or similar methods, but simply work the vineyards and the vines using the same methods that have been employed for hundreds of years.
Our first goal is our health and the health of the people that work with us, respecting the land and environment, because it’s from the vineyards that we get our only profit.
The landscape is our only patrimony, and we have both a duty and a moral commitment to preserve it as much as we can in order to pass it on to the next generation.